Saturday, May 31, 2008

Feeling Great....

woke up at 7am, did laudry, cleaned the apt, made coffee and ate breakfast. No gym cause my body is sore! I am having the kids this weekend. Later today I am either taking them to Build a Bear or the Borders. They wanted to go to Toys R Us, but they have enough toys!

Another thing that has concerned me is myy 9 year old brother has been watching WWF! I am not sure if it's a bad thing or a good thing. He is a good kid and doesn't do bad things, not to say he won't ever but i just don't want him to be inspired by all that! Especially now a days boys can be mean and aggressive and honestly little punks. So i will have to see how is behavior is while he is watching it here at my place.

i also have decided to open a college account for all 3 of them. i know it should be my parents thingy to do, but i want to help and encourage them to go to college. so each month for the two that are in school i will put $10 a month in savings and when they turn 18 they will have a check for school.

i am their big sister and if anything want to be a role model to them! i know they look up to me already which keeps me going.

speaking of Borders, I have been reading "Beautiful Boy". It's a memoir about a father writing about his son's addiction to drugs. so far it's good but a tad slow.

i hope you all have a good weekend!

will post pics later from my weekend with the kids!

1 comment:

Kate O'Brien said...

how amazing that you are starting a college fund for your siblings. so very inspiring!

love your blog and bookmarked you!