Thursday, October 19, 2006

Added Touch to Our Nest

Tomorrow we are getting our main wall in the apartment painted! YAY! I know I know some you are thinking why just one wall and why paint the inside of your apt? So we asked our manager if we can paint and we can. All we do is move our stuff..no cost, no mess! We've decided on a warm beige color since it goes with our decor in the living room well most of the apt anyway. =)

We are currently saving for a house and we are hoping in about 3-4 years we will be able to buy since during that time I will be 1/2 way done with college and there won't be so much pressure. Maybe the house market will be good at that time. Who knows right?

Just thinking about buying is so stressful! I mean we just want to be smart about it all, be able to afford the mortgage every month withou going into debt and refinance every 6 months,and buy a house that doesn't need a $50,000 makeover that you can't afford! I know it's a good investment and a good tax break but if that is so then why are most homeowners in DEBT! If you really wanted an investment shouldn't you have a 401(k) Plan?

I don't know I'm just not all that thrilled about debt and going into debt. I guess for me and the hubs we want to buy a house, having savings, and still live comfortable just like we do now. In a way I think we are really smart when it comes to money...we think realistically and not a fairytale life cause that is what gets most people in trouble.

But I already have plans we when do get our dream home...I'm going to have scrapbook room, big kitchen so I can bake and have some SPACE, we would like to turn the garage into a lil gym for us, must have pergo flooring, and new appliances. Isn't that asking to much? HEHEHEHE

Well soon as the "wall" get decorated I post a picture!

No comments: