Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Giving Back

Some of you may know that I am a Crisis Counselor for the Suicide and Crisis Center. If not...I am and I love it! Tonight there was a screening for new volunteers to come and see what our organization is all about. It gave me the chance to share my experience with sucicide, depression and my time there! I have been there for a year and I love it! It is truly very theraptic for me and it allows me to give back to my community and also helps me cope with my mother's depression and sucuide thoughts.

I truly beleive that I was an inspiration to the newcomers and I like that feeling.

So not to get you all depressed I just wanted to share my feelings on that. It was very rewarding and I have blessed to have the life that I have. Even with the good and bad..it only makes me stronger woman!

No comments: